Tuesday, June 7, 2011

on the other hand...

I have a fun job, I do...but I'll tell ya, when it is slow...it's slow. During the season we are swamped with family shows, concerts, sporting events..god only knows what...but these summer months are a little rough. I sometimes think how much better it would be if the apartment was a little nicer, the drive wasn't as far, the music wasn't always the same, the budget wasn't as tight, and the boy and family were'nt so far away. But they are...so I make do, and trust me...it can be rough. See, I would love nothing more to come home after the gym today.. make a nice dinner outside on the grill, play with the puppy and then pop in a movie or maybe go for a trip to run some errands. All of these things are much less fun with out a partner in crime and I absolutely can't wait to see what the road ahead has in store. Sure, you don't want to rush the present, because yes...it's a gift (that's why they call it the present - get it) but, this is my young twenties!!! ...and well, I sure as hell am working them away. (yes, I know Dad...it will be worth it)

So, bring on the solo beach trips, the book reading nights, and the low key gym time in the mean time...  Moral of this little post, I can't wait until 5 pm during the week...is a little more sweeter, but on the other hand.. weekends like the one below will hold me over until then :)


A little "family" time is good for the soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment