Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mom's Day

It's Mother's Day here. I however, similarly to i'm sure plenty... am not with my mother. which honestly enough... sucks. Mother's Day is one of those days where family is the only thing that is important...and being together whether for the day, the morning, the afternoon or for just a quick hug is important. it's one of those days that tend to sting just a bit more when you are a short 1000 miles away.

My mom is one who makes a point to send a card, a smile and a hug whenever she can. she puts her family first...at times to a fault. she is genuine and loving... smart and sensitive. passionate and fun. i thank god that she is my mom..because after living on my own for a few years now, i would absolutely without a doubt not be here with out the support and unwavering "keep your head up" phone convos. there are things that my mom is so good at that i can only hope i will be the same... and well, it is all about the little things...and well, that is what makes a mom like mine so perfect.

so, i'm sorry i can't' be around on this beautiful Mother's Day. I will say this though... I love you Mom. The little things in life are never more true than with a Mom who has a heart of gold who makes them that way. A mom that remembers all those little things in life is what makes her special. What makes the bond unique. What makes me miss you every day. I love you! Happy Mom's Day. I would not be me with out you.





No comments:

Post a Comment