Tuesday, June 18, 2013

that old CD collection you keep...

where is it? where is that box or case or drawer of old CD's you keep? oh and why do you keep them? do you expect them to be worth gold some day? do you expect them to bring you back to your "adolescent crying on a pillow at your first love" nights, or what about because well...they are just too damn good to get rid of? i pick the latter.

i have about oh, let's say...80 CD's. I have CD's from every year in middle school, every year and summer in HS and even a few from after when i was convinced that the whole iPod thing would surely fizzle. boy was i wrong, but boy am i glad that i have these gems to bring me back to the good ole days...well sorda. these CD's are in real rough shape. some of them are chipped, cracked, straight up shattered and yet i still keep them? why? WHY?! what is the point? they aren't going to play, and if anything..they will probably break whatever old school CD player i bring out to try my attempt. whatever, i'll assure myself it was worth another try.

this morning was a good morning. i found a CD from my old desktop computer. the CD simply had "A-B" written on it in a messy green sharpie. i assume it was my attempt to show what section of my music library these songs were from... uh, let's just say i was wrong.

this morning alone i was able to rock out to the following;
  • Eminem - Toy Soldiers (jam)
  • Avril Lavigne
  • Some random Christian Pop song
  • Ra (uhhhh?)
  • Ja Rule - i think it was "always on time"
  • B. Spears
  • Blessed Union of Souls
  • Something awesome from the Hardball Soundtrack (sick movie)
  • Oh and my favorite 2Pac - "Changes"
now, i'm fairly certain this CD somehow has about 200 songs on it and after the first few, i can assure you i'll be takin' a little better care of this gem. and for all of you who have a box of CD's...break them out and enjoy a good laugh or two. as a matter of fact, it took me an extra 10 minutes to get out of my car today. with songs like the ones above, who wouldn't want to re-live the good life for a just a few minutes before shaking your head and laughing at yourself before snapping back to reality?

the "mystery or blank title" cd,
 the I can only assume "Dane Cook - Limewire stolen jams -  more mystery songs" cd,
 and "My Mix!"....

 welp, this should be interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment