Sunday, January 17, 2016

Sunday in SC

The license may not say it... yet. But It's almost 1pm and I'm sitting at the island in my new apartment kitchen. the apartment that just happens to be in Greenville, SC. Joe is sleeping off that hangover he'll never tell you he has and I just finished hanging the last of the pictures. Fittingly, they were 2 of my grandfather's pictures. The 18th at Pebble Beach and a U.S. Open pin flag. They look great by the bar if I may say so myself.

Sundays in SC are going to be a great thing. Not just because my new gig technically isn't open on Mondays, but because with the windows open and the music on,  i'll be forced to remember where we live, where we lived, and of course all of the adventures that finally got us here. Joe has said a few times now, "can you believe we actually live here? has it really sunk in?". i respond yes, absolutely it has. he might also be nervous that as soon as the allure of living here wears off, i'll be miss negative nancy. but for the record, that won't be happening, promise. knowing that Charleston, Columbia, Charlotte and every other little favorite spot is only a short drive down the road proves to make sure things don't get old.

being further from family isn't the greatest thing and the comfort of having great friends in MA that I do absolutely miss won't be an easy adjustment, i know that. however, the apartment, the people, the sunsets and the lifestyle is an incredibly great feeling. (even if we are saturated in Tiger territory) I can't wait to entertain in our new hometown. flights are cheap and i can ensure that any guest we welcome into our little humble home will love the pool and cheap beer from across the street ;) visitors welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment