Monday, August 13, 2012

my 25th year...

[stream of consciousness post - beware]

holy shit. my 25th year begins tomorrow. 10:43a i think it is...dad would know, apparently the "trophy" the hospital gave him which sits proudly on dresser display states the date, time and weight...regardless, my 25th year. no, this doesn't mean i'm turning 25...and for all of you who may be confused by this, don't feel bad because is spent 23 of my wise years arguing with a man who insisted that at the last blow of a birthday candle, he would state "now you're going on your X year"....[what the eff?] this was only to be returned by a confused and puzzled face. thanks dad!

well, now, i get it. and, well, i'm going on my 25th year. holy fuck! that is a quarter century. that's 1/4th the way to 100! and hell, if i live to 100...bahah! yeah right. sorry, pardon the french.

now, at 25 where did i want to be? i'm sure it crossed my my adolescent brain that i wanted to be a home owner, probably married and living happily with a puppy and traveling the world.... well, maybe not the world but at least be well traveled. god, what was i thinking? good joke sar.

so...uh, where am i in comparison? let's take a look. and puhlease, this is no pity party, i promise!
i  say this because yes, i realize that the blog can be semi negative and a little bit of a debbie downer, but tough.. sometimes i wanna be a debbie downer. and...it's my birthday so there! (nanny nanny boo boo! *sticks tongue out*)

anyway, I am not a homeowner. I have simply spent thousands in shitty shitty rentals. i am not married, not married in the least. i am in a long-term relationship with no ending date or place in sight. perfect...not. I do not have a puppy.  welp, tried at least, but that fell through.  i have not traveled the world. i am not very good flyer, i have found that heights and well, lack of control aren't really my thing.

welp...

anyway, when it think 25, i think fabulous! i think fun! i think pretty! and i think composed! now, i can absolutely have that...just gotta get some things figured out. pretty par for the course, so cheers to that...oh and i'm not 25, i'm only 24, well, soon...so that means i get an extra year to do just that, right? the confusion continues.

oh and i've heard the 30's are the best anyway. so, 20's you're overrated. *rolls eyes*





No comments:

Post a Comment