Friday, July 6, 2012

the perfect hug

a hug from my dad is one of my favorite things in life. my dads hugs are warm, strong, long and well, if you don't mind me saying,  he gives "the perfect hug". they are the best prescription to any little girls heartache, headache, annoyance or frustration. they are the best remedy for whatever is unwavering. and i mean, whatever is unwavering. so through bad grades, fights with friends, stress at work or an absent heart, this quick fix is always one for the book.

sure as hell better than any little pill...

with my dad being a big guy he tends to wrap his whole heart, soul, arms, chest and body into his hugs... at least with me. my dad is one  of those people who is real with what he shows... anger and love alike. equal passion in both are very evident. however, with that said, i think as his daughter i can speak on behalf of something no one else can. a dads hug, my dads hugs more specifically are unlike any other.

these things are incredible. they are encompassing, almost filling and well, at times they even make it hard to breath (the good kind of course). sure, it might be my awkward height and his strong arms, or well... that he will say things like "harder!" and squeezes until my face is red,  if for some reason he can't feel the real-ness, yah know, can't feel that i'm showing him the love he may deserve in that moment.  his hugs are just long enough to make a girl who has been so far away, feel right at home... no matter the zip code of which they may take place.  sometimes i think the strength behind them is to make up for all of those times as a little girl he literally would have strangled me if he'd hugged as hard as he does now.. so maybe he is just making up for lost time? his hugs symbolize comfort, security and love as they should, because after all...a girls dad always provides big shoes to fill. (especially with hugs like his)

so, i thought it best to share that i admire that... i love that my dad actually calls me out (to no ones surprise i'm sure) if the hug is not up to par. i'm thankful that he has and always will force a better hug...because, sometimes...all you need is a hug from your dad.

ps. i'd love a hug from my dad.
goodnight.



No comments:

Post a Comment